Anthony Mackie Reacts to Marvel Costar Jonathan Majors’ Charges – Anthony Mackie has shared his thoughts on the assault and harassment allegations faced by fellow Marvel actor Jonathan Majors. In an interview with Inverse, published on Wednesday, the 44-year-old Mackie stated that as of now, no concrete evidence has been presented regarding Majors’ criminal case in New York City. Majors is anticipated to face trial for the charges in August.
“We’re a country that was built on everyone is innocent until proven guilty,” the actor said, as the outlet raised the topic of Majors’ potential future as Kang the Conquerer in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. “That’s one of the staples of this country. Nothing has been proven about this dude. Nothing,” Mackie told the outlet. “So everyone is innocent until proven guilty. That’s all I can say. It’s crazy where we are as a society. But as a country, everyone is innocent until proven guilty.”
People Also Read: Jimmie Allen Dropped by Record Label
On March 25, in New York, the 33-year-old actor from “Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania” was apprehended in connection with an alleged domestic violence incident. Though Majors was charged with multiple misdemeanor counts of assault and harassment, his defense attorneys have insisted they hold “irrefutable evidence” that the alleged victim in the incident “is lying” about the facts of the case.
According to Insider, Jonathan Majors made an appearance at Manhattan Criminal Court on June 20. The day after, he reportedly filed a domestic violence complaint against the alleged victim involved in the case. Insider obtained a copy of the report and a sworn affidavit, which states that in his complaint, Jonathan Majors asserted that the woman, whom he described as “drunk and hysterical,” caused him physical harm and resulted in bleeding during the alleged assault.
Additionally, Majors claimed that the woman had previously attacked him in other incidents, although he stated that he had not filed reports regarding those incidents in the past. While Jonathan Majors’ criminal trial is pending, the status of his involvement in future Marvel Studios projects remains uncertain. His character is anticipated to make appearances in the second season of the Disney+ series Loki and as the villain in Avengers: The Kang Dynasty, currently scheduled for release on May 1, 2026.